Why Failure is the Path to Success with Lindsay Nicholas, Founder and Creative Director at Lindsay Nicholas New York
Lindsay Nicholas is the Founder and Creative Director at Lindsay Nicholas New York, a women's luxury clothing line. She creates travel-friendly wardrobe staples that make women feel both powerful and beautiful: from sweaters to shorts.
Before starting her retail line, she was the Executive Director of Retail Marketing at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands and Head of Global Marketing at Paspaley. With more than a decade of running global and AsiaPac-Japan businesses, Lindsay has transformed into a retail marketing expert.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Lindsay talks about changing her career at the age of 50, moving to Australia, and her first product
- What Lindsay wishes she knew when starting her clothing business and why she releases new products every month
- How Lindsay decides on the pricing for her products and her thoughts on dresses below $100
- Lindsay talks about her ideal customers, her most popular product, and how she chooses the models for her brand
- The e-commerce platform Lindsay uses and her strategies for boosting sales and increasing email subscriptions
- The leadership principles Lindsay has learned over the years
- Lindsay’s favorite software that she recommends to other businesses
- The marketers and business owners Lindsay respects in her industry and the e-commerce world
- Lindsay's advice on the action steps people in business should take to grow their businesses
In this episode…
Every successful business owner has gone through failure. It is what helps people learn what works and what doesn't, where to make adjustments, and ultimately, how to excel in your industry. That’s right: you can’t be successful without losing a little—or sometimes, a lot. Success and failure move together; every great leader knows this.
For Lindsay Nicholas, the secret to finding what works best for her clothing brand is simple: test, test, test. She doesn't believe in playing it safe, so she runs tests on audiences, creatives, ad copy, and offers, especially now, during COVID-19.
In this episode of the Relationship Commerce Podcast, Lindsay Nicholas, Founder and Creative Director at Lindsay Nicholas New York, sits down with Dr. Jeremy Weisz about starting and growing her luxury clothing line for women. She talks about her target customers, choosing the right models and employees for her brand, and her leadership principles.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- Lindsay Nicholas New York
- Lindsay Nicholas on LinkedIn
- Adjective & Co.
- Secomapp SEO Booster
- Nili Lotan
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.