Steve Coulton is the Co-Founder and VP of Sales at OnCore Golf, a growing golf ball technology company based in Buffalo, New York. Equipped with ground-floor experience building and running a start-up golf company, he’s also an advisor to early-stage emerging technology companies with a particular focus on the medical, information technology, and clean tech industries.
Steve's passions include art, languages, design, poker, social entrepreneurship, venture capital, friends and family—and of course, golf. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from New York University.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Steve's interest in golf and how the idea for OnCore Golf started
- Changing OnCore Golf’s business model from B2B to B2C—and why the decision was made
- How OnCore Golf got into digital advertising
- Steve talks about the mistakes he made in the company’s first year, improving customer experience, and OnCore Golf’s loyalty program
- Strategies for YouTube, SMS, and driving traffic to the website
- What Steve is most proud of since starting the golf business
- The email marketing platform OnCore Golf uses and how it has impacted their business
- The marketers and business owners Steve respects in his industry
- Steve shares his advice to new business owners on engaging with early customers and talks about his company's new product, VERO X1 Golf Balls, and other golf accessories
In this episode…
When Steve Coulton and his business partner started their company for golf products, OnCore Golf, their idea was to use a B2B business model. While this worked for a while, they eventually faced several challenges with retailers—so they decided to change to a B2C business model.
In addition, to increase their sales and improve their customer experience, OnCore Golf started a loyalty rewards program for their customers that has had positive results for the business.
In this episode of the Relationship Commerce Podcast, Dean Dutro is joined by Steve Coulton, Co-Founder and VP of Sales at OnCore Golf, to learn about the golf company's growth strategies and their loyalty rewards program. Steve talks about the challenges the company faced working with retailers, their transition to a B2C business model, and their entry into digital advertising.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- OnCore Golf
- OnCore Golf's VERO X1 Golf Balls
- Steve Coulton on LinkedIn
- Bret Blakely on LinkedIn
- Swell Rewards
- Bob Philion on LinkedIn
- Cobra Puma Golf
- PING Golf
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.