In this episode…
If you're thinking of changing your business from a B2B model to an e-commerce model, there are a few questions you need to ask yourself.
Is B2B where you want to be—and if it is, why? What's your priority? Are you currently succeeding in B2B? Do you feel like you have to make the switch?
If you want to succeed in e-commerce, there’s one thing you need to focus on: customer success. You have to provide excellent service to your customers so you can transform them into your brand's evangelists and advocates. Why? This will help you increase your number of quality leads—and ultimately, boost your sales.
Today, Dean Dutro, host of the Relationship Commerce Podcast, is joined by John McNamara, Head of Sales at Branch, to talk about the different things you need to consider before shifting from a B2B business model to an e-commerce model. John shares his background, talks e-commerce software, and strategies for shifting from B2B to e-commerce.
John McNamara is the Head of Sales at Branch, a furniture company that produces high-end furniture at affordable prices by getting rid of the middleman. By selling directly to the customer, Branch has been able to maintain high-quality standards while offering half the price of premium furniture. Not only can you order premium office furniture from Branch, but they’ll also deliver and assemble it at no extra cost.
Before joining Branch, John was the Head of Growth at Atlas Lane. He holds a degree in Business Administration from The George Washington University.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What a Head of Sales background and role looks like
- What you have to learn about the e-commerce side of business
- Shifting from a B2B model to an e-commerce model
- How collecting company information helps with retargeting
- E-commerce success stories and strategies you should use when transitioning your own company
- The best software recommendations for e-commerce shops
- The actions steps you should take if you’re a B2B company looking to switch to an e-commerce model
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- John McNamara on LinkedIn
- John McNamara's email: email@example.com
- Gorgias for Shopify
- The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million by Mark Roberge
- Mark Roberge on LinkedIn
- “How to Successfully Start and Grow a Premier Clothing Business” with Sacha Prost
- “Going from Retail to e-Commerce and Learning to Scale Your Team With a Vision” with Juan Chavez
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.