How to Scale an e-Commerce Business Using Your Email List with Jordan West, Founder and CEO of Mindful Marketing
Jordan West is the Founder and Owner of Mindful Marketing, a paid ads agency for seven-figure e-Commerce businesses. Jordan’s business passion is helping e-Commerce brands grow exponentially. He started in marketing at 22 when he bought a Taco Del Mar chain restaurant, and after 5 years, a large learning curve, and money lost, he tripled the sales at the restaurant with creative marketing tactics.
After selling the store, Jordan and his wife grew their children’s clothing company, Little & Lively, from a small at-home operation to one of the top ten baby brands in Canada with advanced digital marketing techniques. He is also a podcast host, a part-time paramedic who loves helping people on their “worst day”, and a father of three.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jordan's background and his transition from owning a Taco Del Mar restaurant to e-Commerce and marketing
- Jordan talks about some big mistakes and failures he made in growing his business to 7 figures
- Things to consider when looking to scale a business to the 7 figure mark
- How long does it take to see results from marketing with Facebook ads?
- How Jordan learned about Facebook and digital marketing, and his thoughts on how Facebook Shops will affect Facebook ad strategies
- The benefits of having an email list for e-Commerce stores
- Strategies Jordan wishes he used when starting his e-Commerce business and his advice for using VIP groups
- Jordan's app and software recommendations for e-Commerce stores
- Action steps e-Commerce owners should take to scale their business
- Where to learn more about Jordan West
In this episode…
When starting in e-Commerce, one crucial strategy that can help drive sales is developing an email list. Although online marketplaces like Amazon and Facebook Shops allow brands to set up online stores and drive sales, they don't offer the option to collect emails from their customers. This means that they have to rely on their marketing efforts to make sales, even from repeat customers.
Having an email list can change that. It allows businesses to market directly to their target audience without relying too heavily on online marketplaces. The business owns the email list, so you can use it to promote other products and further target your marketing with segmentation.
Jordan West, a marketing expert and the Founder and CEO of Mindful Marketing, is Dean Dutro’s guest in this week's episode of Relationship Commerce. Jordan talks about growing and scaling an e-Commerce business to 7 figures, buying and scaling a Taco Del Mar restaurant, running an e-Commerce business with his wife, and how having an email list has helped his businesses grow.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- Mindful Marketing
- Little & Lively
- Little & Lively's VIP Group
- Jordan West on LinkedIn
- Jordan's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secrets to Scaling Your e-Commerce Brand Podcast
- Digital Marketer
- Ezra Firestone
- Dean Dutro's interview with Nate Lind
- Wool & Prince
- Carro for Shopify
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.