How to Offer a VIP Customer Experience for Your e-Commerce Shop
In this episode…
What experience do your e-commerce leads and customers have when navigating your website? Are you able to capture their attention and interest immediately, keeping them on the site? Do you have an efficient onboarding process should they decide to purchase or join your email list?
Your e-commerce website should be different from other sites out there, especially when it comes to your customer’s first experience on your site. You can't afford to set up your products and expect customers to come and buy whatever you have to offer, because having a high converting e-commerce website is not about having the right products with the right descriptions: it's about offering a VIP customer user experience and onboarding process for new and returning customers.
Youri Vaisse, the e-commerce General Manager for Madam Glam, joins Dean Dutro in this episode of the Relationship Commerce Podcast to explain how you can create a VIP customer experience for your e-commerce website. Youri shares his tips and strategies for scaling Madam Glam, email and SMS marketing strategies, and the various apps and tools he uses to grow the e-commerce side of the beauty brand.
Youri Vaisse is the e-commerce General Manager for Madam Glam, a New York City-based start-up beauty brand. Over the past 3 years, he has helped Madam Glam grow into a seven-figure e-commerce company using his expertise in search engine marketing, online advertising, email marketing, and other automation tools.
Youri’s had a storied career. Before Madam Glam, he was the General Manager for the Paris Saint-Germain soccer club in Miami and the Marketing Manager for Blackdivine LLC, adding over 10 years of e-commerce and digital marketing experience to his expertise. He holds an MBA from KEDGE Business School.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Youri got started in the e-commerce space, the work he does at Madam Glam, and how his role has evolved since joining the company
- Why you should think about your overall marketing strategy when launching a new product as an e-commerce seller
- Madam Glam’s best strategy for gaining traction and key metrics to use for evaluating your email marketing strategies
- How to increase your email open rate and click-through rate
- Creating a VIP customer experience for your company website
- Text message marketing and the best SMS marketing strategies and tools to grow your e-commerce brand
- How Madam Glam grew their market share during COVID-19
- Youri’s app recommendations for e-commerce brands and other brands to look out for
- Youri's advice to new e-commerce brands on what to prioritize when creating a great customer experience
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Madam Glam
- Youri Vaisse on LinkedIn
- “How to Grow a Startup with a Great Customer Service Experience” with Farzan Dehmoubed, Founder of Lotus Trolley Bags
- “How to Create a Unique Revolutionary e-Commerce Product” with Zel Crampton, Co-Founder and CEO of Diggs
- Magento Commerce
- Address Validator
- Fraud Filter
- Smart Search & Instant Search
- TrustSpot Product Reviews
- Shogun Landing Page Builder
- Perricone MD
- Farmacy Beauty
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.