Daniel Walton is the Founder and Managing Director at OLPRO which designs, imports, and sells standout camping and camper van equipment. OLPRO has a reputation for creating exceptional outdoor leisure products with their adventurous customers around the world in mind. Thanks to their team of experts and a deeply genuine passion for getting outdoors, OLPRO delivers a range of unique and high-quality products that are changing the face of outdoor leisure.
OLPRO is an award-winning company and has earned national awards in social media and e-Commerce, including Runner Up in the British Chamber of Commerce e-Commerce Site of the Year in 2019. Before founding OLPRO, Daniel was Sales Director at Maypole Ltd, Group Retail Product Manager at Discover Leisure PLC, and Sales Director at Blue Diamond Products Ltd. He also worked in senior management at Towsure and Lastminute.com.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Daniel started producing outdoor leisure products
- Daniel talks about the first days of starting his business and the transition from working with wholesale to selling directly to consumers
- How OLPRO built their customer services team and the related software they use
- The biggest milestones OLPRO has had in the last 5 years—including the proudest for Daniel
- How the OLPRO Loan and Go system works
- Why OLPRO encourages user content, the software they use to encourage reviews from customers, and their ambassadors
- The benefits of building a community of loyal customers and how OLPRO manages scarcity and urgency for their products
- The business strategy Daniel wishes he had used earlier in his business
- Daniel talks about the work the company does in-house versus what they outsource, and their favorite social media platforms for marketing
- The software Daniel recommends using on Shopify, the marketers and business owners he looks up to in his industry, and his go-to online conferences
- How to get in touch with Daniel Walton
In this episode…
For e-Commerce sellers, one of the benefits of having a loyal customer base is that those same customers can support and vouch for your brand to other people. Word of mouth is actually a great marketing tool for business because future customers are more likely to buy from a brand based on recommendations or user content shared by previous customers.
This is one of the marketing tools OLPRO uses to increase sales and expand their reach. By encouraging reviews and sharing user content on their social media, they’re vouching for the quality of their products and standing out from other industry players.
In this week's episode of Relationship Commerce, Dean Dutro interviews Daniel Walton, the Founder and Managing Partner of OLPRO, about why it’s important to build a community of loyal customers to promote your brand's products. Daniel talks about founding his outdoor leisure company, the strategies he uses to encourage user content, and his preferred software for growing his business.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- OLPRO Loan & Go
- OLPRO Everywhere Facebook Group
- OLPRO on YouTube
- Daniel Walton's website
- Daniel Walton on LinkedIn
- Daniel Walton on Facebook
- Daniel Walton on Twitter
- Daniel Walton on Instagram
- Daniel Walton's email: email@example.com
- Cloud Commerce Pro
- Tidio Live Chat for Shopify
- Dean Dutro's interview with Ryan Levesque
- The ASK Method
- Yotpo for Shopify
- John's Crazy Socks
- Dean Dutro's interview with John and Mark Cronin of John's Crazy Socks
- Richer Sounds
- Retail Without Borders (RWB)
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.