Eden Coleman is an internet marketer, YouTuber, CBD expert, and Founder and CEO of Wellicy. He is on a mission to help educate people on CBD by understanding the differences between CBD isolate, full spectrum, and broad spectrum, which dosage is best for you, and how to know which brands are high quality. In just two years, he has grown his business from $100,000 a year to over $500,000 in 2019; this year, he’s on track to break seven figures.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll hear:
- Eden's background, why he started Wellicy, and how he transitioned from internet marketing to the CBD industry
- Common misconceptions people have about CBD and hemp, and the marketing obstacles CBD industry players face
- What Eden has learned about the CBD industry in the last 2 years and what’s helped his business grow
- What Eden is most proud of with Wellicy
- The advertising and promotional strategies Eden uses and how SEO content and video has helped Wellicy’s growth
- Eden talks about his Wellicy team and the work they do
- How Wellicy drives revenue through local retailers and wholesale business, and where the company sources its raw materials
- The strategies Eden wishes he was able to use for his business
- How Eden uses email marketing for his business, his preferred marketing tools, and why he incentivizes people
- The tools and apps Eden uses on Shopify and how he signs up SMS subscribers
- The CBD marketers and business owners Eden respects
- Eden shares the actionable steps people should take if they want to start a CBD or e-commerce business
- Where to learn more about Wellicy
In this episode…When the 2014 Farm Bill was passed and hemp/CBD was legalized, Eden Coleman had a thought. He felt that more people were interested in and wanted the medicinal benefits associated with cannabis, while some just wanted to get high. This sparked a business idea that would later become the cannabis company called Wellicy. However, the cannabis industry has stayed unregulated for a long time, which has allowed many unscrupulous people to create fake CBD products. The result? People buy these products and get disappointed when they don't reap any medicinal value from them. So Eden took it upon himself to educate people about the benefits of CBD, how to spot a fake CBD product, and what dosage is required for maximum benefits when buying a quality supplement. Eden Coleman is the Founder of Wellicy and joins Dean Dutro in this week's episode of Relationship Commerce to talk about starting his CBD business and how he managed to grow his sales in a matter of 2 years. He also shares what he’s learned about the CBD industry, the advertising strategies he uses, and how email marketing has helped Wellicy’s growth.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Wellicy Blog
- Wellicy on YouTube
- Wellicy on Facebook
- Wellicy on Instagram
- Eden Coleman on LinkedIn
- Eden Coleman's blog
- Native Roots Cannabis
- Native Roots Dispensaries
- Advertise Purple
- Gary Vaynerchuk's podcast
- PACHAMAMA CBD
- Charlotte's Web
- The Stanley Brothers
- Neil Patel
- Brian Dean
- Ryan Deiss
- Grant Cardone
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.