Juan Chavez is the CEO of JMC Automotive Equipment, a family-owned business that has been in the industry for the past 20 years. Juan owns multiple businesses, including a drop shipping commerce business that has been in the INC 5000 for 3 years in a row, an entertainment company, and a call center.
Juan previously worked as a Real Estate Agent for New York Living Solutions and a Sales Representative for Snap On Tools. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management from Pace University - Lubin School of Business.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Juan Chavez got started in e-Commerce and digital marketing
- Looking back at the digital marketing landscape from 2009 and what Juan learned about SEO and social media
- The story behind JMC Automotive Equipment
- How Juan used Google Ads and when his business started gaining traction
- Juan talks about his target market, mistakes he made when growing his team, and how he motivates his employees
- How the change in Google's algorithms impacted Juan's business and his thoughts on having multiple marketing channels
- The SMS marketing and e-Commerce platforms Juan uses for his business
- The people that have helped Juan acquire marketing and business skills
- The strategies Juan wishes he had used earlier in his business and how his goals have evolved over the years
- Juan's mentors, his advice to new e-Commerce entrepreneurs, and the software he uses for his business
- How to get in touch with Juan Chavez
In this episode…
When Juan Chavez learned about e-Commerce, he advised his father to build a website for his auto repair equipment distributing company so he could sell products online. However, the company his father found wanted $10,000 to create the website; so Juan decided to do it himself.
Three months later, they made their first online sale. At that point, Juan decided to learn as much as he could about digital marketing and e-Commerce. The business saw increased sales and volume and grew to over $300,000 that year. Juan went on to start other businesses that have since grown through the digital marketing and e-Commerce skills he’s gained over the years.
Juan Chavez, CEO of JMC Automotive Equipment, joins Dean Dutro in this week's episode of Relationship Commerce to talk about growing a retail automotive company into a thriving e-Commerce business in less than a year. Juan shares the history of JMC Automotive Equipment, how he got involved in digital marketing, and the software and e-Commerce platforms he uses. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- JMC Automotive Equipment
- JMC Automotive Equipment on Instagram
- JMC Enterprises
- Juan Chavez on LinkedIn
- Billy Gene Marketing
- Traffic and Conversion Summit
- Grant Cardone University
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.