Developing Authentic Relationships to Scale a Performance Socks Business
Rob Fraser is the Founder and CEO of endūr, an athletic lifestyle brand that elevates performance socks by fusing expressive designs with technical features. As a five-time member of the Canadian mountain bike team, Rob's competitive nature fueled his entrepreneurial spirit and provided a unique framework for building a business. From humble beginnings working out of a basement in 2016, Rob bootstrapped endūr to 7 figure revenue by assembling a world-class team.
With an unwavering focus on performance, design, and community, endūr is an emerging and innovative leader in the athletic industry. In recognition of their rapid growth, endūr was named one of Douglas magazine's top 10 businesses to watch and earned a spot on season 13 of the CBC reality show, Dragons’ Den.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Rob's background as an athlete and how the idea for endūr came about
- Performance socks for expression and what that means
- The evolution of Rob's mission and what he learned from being an athlete
- The early days of running endūr and the benefits of bootstrapping
- What developing a sock product involves and the challenges Rob faced in the first 2 years of the company
- How Rob built a brand ambassador network and supply chain for endūr
- How Rob reaches out to big clients and develops brand partnerships
- The biggest mistake Rob made when he first started and what he learned from it
- The strategy Rob wishes he had started using earlier and the new strategies he’s since implemented
- How endūr's sales have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic
- The marketers and business owners Rob looks up to in his industry
- Action steps you should start doing now to grow your business and the Shopify apps Rob uses in his company
- How to get in touch with Rob Fraser and endūr
In this episode…
In the early days of starting endūr, Rob Fraser concentrated on developing his performance socks and making a profit. He didn't have any entrepreneurial experience, but this worked for him for one reason: he built a real business out of his efforts. While other entrepreneurs were busy seeking venture capital and raising money, he worked on growing his business.
Unlike other business people who often guess what customers want and are more concerned with using money to gain customers, Rob reached out to his customers directly and listened to their feedback. This helped him develop a feedback loop—helping him grow the company to where it is today.
Rob Fraser, the Founder and CEO of endūr, is this week's guest on the Relationship Commerce Podcast. Together, host Dean Dutro and Rob talk about his strategies for developing authentic relationships and scaling a performance socks business. He shares his background as a biker and the partnership mistake he made when he first started that cost him a lot of money. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- endūr on Instagram
- endūr on Facebook
- endūr on Twitter
- endūr Brand Ambassadors
- Rob Fraser on LinkedIn
- Purple Cow, New Edition: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Habit Nest
- Dean Dutro's interview with Amir Atighehchi, Co-Founder of Habit Nest
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days by Joey Coleman
- Prof. Galloway on YouTube
- CartHook App for Shopify
- Gorgias App for Shopify
- Subscriptions by ReCharge for Shopify
- ShipStation App for Shopify
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.