Building a Tough Mindset with Kate Weiler, Co-Founder of Drink Simple
Kate Weiler is the Co-Founder of Drink Simple. Drink Simple harnesses the natural filtration power of trees to create clean, delicious water enhanced with natural biological benefits and imbued with some magic from mother nature. In a world where so many products have lots of additives and artificial ingredients, Drink Simple is proud to tap refreshment directly from nature to help people thrive.
Kate is also an Ironman triathlete and passionate advocate for nutrition and holistic wellness. A Boston native, she earned her Master’s degree in Nutrition from Northeastern University, her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Colby College, and holds a certification in Holistic Health Coaching from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She has completed countless triathlons, including eight full-distance Ironman triathlons, and is a finisher of the 2013 Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How the idea for Drink Simple was born
- How Kate and her business partner got their first batch of products, how they launched the business, and what makes them stand out from the competition
- Why Kate decided to create a website and educate people about maple water
- The business milestones that Kate is most proud of
- Why customers prefer to buy from a company's website instead of a retail store
- How Kate pivoted her business when COVID-19 hit
- How Drink Simple implements customer service touchpoints for a better user experience
- The strategies Kate uses that she wishes she knew when starting her business
- How Kate collects email contacts from her website and Dean Dutro's recommendations
- The marketers or business owners Kate looks up to in her industry
- Kate's advice to new entrepreneurs and business people
- How to get in touch with Kate Weiler and Drink Simple
In this episode…
When Kate Weiler started her maple water business seven years ago, she primarily focused on building her social media following. Looking back, she wishes she had spent more time building her email list. Social media algorithms tend to block a lot of content from reaching people and Kate now knows that having an email list makes it easier to communicate directly to your followers and consumers.
In addition, COVID-19 made Kate realize just how important it is to have an e-commerce website collecting email addresses to ensure constant communication with your audience. So, she pivoted her strategy and used her email list to drive sales and keep the business going.
Kate Weiler, the Co-Founder of Drink Simple, joins Dean Dutro in this week's episode of Relationship Commerce to talk about the importance of building a tough mindset as an entrepreneur. Kate chats about starting a maple water company and fighting to stay ahead of the competition, how she uses email to communicate with consumers and drive sales, and the strategies she uses to provide better customer experiences.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Worth eCommerce
- Drink Simple
- Drink Simple on Facebook
- Drink Simple on Instagram
- Kate Weiler on LinkedIn
- Kate Weiler on Instagram
- Kate Weiler's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell
- Dean Dutro's interview with John and Mark Cronin
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by Worth eCommerce.
Worth eCommerce is a small mighty team of eCommerce email marketers who help businesses of all sizes dramatically grow revenue with lifecycle email marketing. It is made up of copywriters, designers, strategizers, and marketing extraordinaires who specialize in nurturing relationships and guiding sales through the sheer power of email.
Worth eCommerce's sole focus is creating a lasting relationship between eCommerce sellers and their customers through the most personable form of digital connection: email. Businesses that send personable, interesting, and helpful emails earn the trust and continued business from that same customer.
Worth eCommerce’s mission is to help small medium sized e-commerce businesses generate more than a million dollars a year each in revenue using their own marketing channels.
To learn more about Worth eCommerce, visit https://worthecommerce.com/pages/home.
For all of your eCommerce needs, here are our top recommendations:
For the ultimate ecommerce marketing platform for eCommerce email and SMS messaging, make sure to check out Klaviyo.
For the AI Visit Conversion Platform, go with Justuno. They provide intelligent lead captures, personalized website messaging, and audience analytics to convert more visitors into customers.
And if you’re looking to create, launch, and manage your SMS marketing program for your growing Shopify store, there’s no better way to do that than with Postscript. Unlock a new marketing channel guaranteed to drive revenue, not just clicks.